First “Hot Fix” to the game uploaded to Steam has been uploaded on 15 March 2014 (Pre-Alpha v0.1.0.4406). This will be automatically applied to your game, the next time you run the Steam client.
The fixes in the Hot Fix are:
- Improvements to wheel, axle and tyre damage sounds.
- Fix to damage which fixes the fact that collisions between cars or the world could improve health for both the player and AI cars. This meant that cars seemed difficult to wreck, certainly more difficult than we wanted them to be.
- Fix for the Repairing frame rate slowdown bug.
- Fix to the “weird damage” bug where cars would be halfway through the ground, or in mid-air, or parts could float, or the car could unexpectedly bounce. (Note that this is an “attempted/hopeful” fix. So if you do see any more of this shit, you’ll make Patrick cry but he won’t be that surprised.)
- Cops no longer continue to attack a wrecked player.
- Fix for the “Wrecked ‘em!” message not appearing, and also for cases where points or time were not awarded for collisions.
- A change to some legal stuff that no-one will care about.